Pardon the odd picture... I wasn't as willing to stage this one nicely cuz I was more interested in going upstairs and eating it! :P
Goodness gracious.
Now, I'm sharin' the fun with you. Give her a shot. You won't be sorry!
Makes one 13 x 9 inch cake
1 box chocolate cake mix, prepared and baked according to box directions
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel topping
1 bag Heath chips, plain or chocolate-coated
1 8 oz tub whipped topping
1. Prepare cake according to box directions. Allow to cool.
2. Poke holes into the cake, each hole being about an inch or so apart.
3. Stir together sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping. Pour the mixture over the holes in the cake, and set the cake in the fridge to soak for a couple hours or so.
4. Sprinkle half a bag of Heath chips over the cake. Spread whipped topping over entire cake, and sprinkle with remainder of Heath chips.
5. Set her back in the fridge for another hour or so, but, if you're not feeling the waiting period, it would probably be pretty great at this point too ;)
Comments: Ah, this cake... It is certainly rich, being saturated with the Eagle Brand milk/caramel mixture and topped with other sorts of glories... but I had no problem putting away a number of slices while I was home ;) Definitely a keeper for the sake of the sweet tooth!
Credit: My mom! I believe it is a family recipe, as her mom had called it "Better than Robert Redford Cake". There may be some slight variations from the original (for example, the placement of some of the Heath chips before frosting), but the integrity of the cake is definitely still there ;)
Credit: My mom! I believe it is a family recipe, as her mom had called it "Better than Robert Redford Cake". There may be some slight variations from the original (for example, the placement of some of the Heath chips before frosting), but the integrity of the cake is definitely still there ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment