Hehe, so... I don't have a picture of this because I didn't think to take one until after everything but some leftover egg noodles were long gone!
This is another dish from my growing up. It is super easy, quick, and relatively cheap to make. It is also delicious... considering my roots, that is no surprise! :) When you're up for something a little simpler one of these nights, give this one a whirl.
Makes 4-6 servings
1 lb egg noodles (I used extra-wide tonight)
1 lb 80/20 ground beef
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken
1 dollop sour cream
1/2 can water
Salt to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook egg noodles until al dente, then drain.
2. While the noodles are boiling, dash the (thawed or fresh) ground beef into little pieces in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little salt for flavor, and cook until well done.
3. Turn heat down to medium and add the can of cream of chicken, as well as the water. Whisk ingredients together until incorporated, and add the sour cream. Salt to taste. You should have something with a thick, gravy-like consistency. Serve over egg noodles.
Comments: I made this for our dinner group tonight and got great reviews! It is a tried-and-true comfort food, perfect for when you want something delicious but don't want to work a lot for it. I had forgotten how good this stuff is after not having made it in a while, but I'm glad I did! :)
Credit: My mom! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment