I found this originally on Pinterest and have been wanting to try it for a little while now... and I'm glad I did!
Makes 6-8 servings
4-6 boneless chicken breasts, frozen
1 bottle Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce (from Target)
1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
1/2 cup cornstarch
Water
5 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
6-8 servings instant white or brown rice
1. Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour bottle of BBQ sauce over chicken, then add the pineapple.
2. Close up crock pot and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. I assembled the dish before I got ready for Church this morning, and it was done when I got home!
3. Begin preparing rice. I used instant, but if you plan ahead you can definitely use non-instant :)
4. The original recipe didn't call for this, but I saw when I came home that the liquid in the pot was more, um, liquidy than I personally wanted :P I wanted to eat this over rice (like in the blog post) and have the sauce sit more on the rice rather than penetrate it, so I thickened it by stirring in a cornstarch/water mixture until the liquid's consistency more resembled a thin gravy. I also added some Tabasco sauce (also not in the original recipe) for a little extra kick (those who know me well will not be surprised by this ;).
5. Serve crock pot mixture over prepared rice and dig in!
Comments: Hooooo-wee! This was amazing. I had some small reservations about this dish initially (sweet and savory together doesn't always work for me) but I began craving it one night and had been intending to make it at some point... and wow! The flavor was lovely, the chicken was perfect, and it made my little apartment smell awesome. I will definitely make this again and gladly recommend it to you, my friends!
Credit: The Ellis' of Six Sisters' Stuff blog. I originally found the link through someone else's repin on Pinterest. Click here for the link to the original recipe and post.

No comments:
Post a Comment